Ski | Snowboard
Learn to Ski
in San Francisco!
All lessons are private, indoors, & completely customized for your fitness, learning style & goals.
Learn inside. Excel on the mountain.
Anyone can Learn!
Step ONE: Knee-Cs on the floor: this is the foundation for your parallel. (no snowplow here!) Skiers can take years to learn this movement on the snow – it’s just hard to teach the small, correct movements of toes, knees, thighs & hips under ski pants and from a distance! Our Knee-Cs are even effective for advanced skiers like Glenda (from Italy!), here with Instructor Colette.
Step TWO: Knees-Cs on the deck. This is side-slipping with complete focus on edges, knees curving up, body weight forward to make a strong, skilled carve. This is the foundation for an awesome carving turn!
Step FIVE: Alternate-leg parallel. After learning the basic parallel, we work on inside foot pressure, weighting and timing with different exercises – here Glenda shows the Alternate-leg parallel.
Step SIX: One-leg Parallel. This teaches each ski how to edge, especially the challenging uphill edge. (Especially helpful for Intermediate skiers trying to break long-time snowplow habits). Here Yvonne makes it look easy.
The Endless Slope is Accelerated Learning for snowboarding and skiing. Lessons are private, indoors, and completely customized for your fitness, learning-style and goals. Your progress will be faster, more fun & feel more natural than lessons on the mountain, and they’re a better value too.
- Faster. Your Instructor is inches from your body; we can direct your knees a millimeter over or a nanosecond sooner to give you a carve you can feel, control & retain.
- More effective. We see how your body works up close, so we build on strengths and fix issues quickly—giving you a mountain style perfect for your body and mindset.
- Lasting. You’ll be turning, carving & improving constantly in your half-hour lesson—so that muscle-memory gets baked right in. (Your body will forget that there was a time when you couldn’t handle those steeps.)
- Stronger. You’ll get in condition faster, build a foundation for life-long improvement, and also learn a bag of tricks you can use on the snow for all conditions.
Pricing & Packages
Everyone starts with the FastStart – whatever your level. Then choose your package.
- Adults. Adults start with the 1-hour FastStart, then choose a 4, 8, or 12 pack of half-hour lessons. (Single lessons also available.) Packages never expire. Adult packages are for ONE person.
- FastStart 1-hr lesson: $110
- FastStart Plus = 1-hr lesson + future half-hr lesson: $150
- 4-pack: $350
- 8-pack: $550
- 12-pack: $680
- single half-hr lesson: $95 (must take the FastStart first)
- Family / Groups of 3-4. Families or Groups (FGs) start with a 2-hour FastStart, giving each person at least a half-hour lesson. Then all FG packages are priced at a 25% discount…because it’s not easy getting a group together. Prices are for a group of 4, but we’ll pro-rate if you’re 3 people. All FG members must come together at the same lesson time. FG lessons are 2 hours for 4 members, or 1 1/2 hours for 3 members.
- Family / Group 2-hour FastStart: $240
- Family / Group 2-hour lesson (4 lessons total): $290
- Family / Group 4-pack (16 lessons total): $960
- Family / Group 6-pack (24 lessons total): $1220
- Kids. For kids age 3-10. Kid packages are for ONE person.
- 1/2-hr Kid FastStart: $55
- Kid 4-pack: $300
- Kid 6-pack: $360
- Kid single half-hr lesson: $80
- Do you use the same curriculum for everyone?
Everyone is unique. We’ve built our curriculum by combining the experience of our amazing Instructors and the wisdom of our clients over 10 years of teaching. But we apply it differently to each person as we learn their style, strengths & goals.
Our curriculum is proprietary, but here are a few fun highlights:
- Ground School: Knee-Cs for parallel carve, working from your toes to your hips (we START with parallel turns – no pizza snowplow here!)
- Ground-School: flex and toe roll-over
- Knee-Cs with extreme knee-point and edge-grip
- The Parallel Pause to pressure the perfect sweet-spot on the skis.
- Foot rollover for strong carve
- 1-leg parallel to learn inside-leg carving
- Small radius parallel for constant roll-over pressure
- 1-leg Edge Hold
- Tapper Parallel